Social Icons

Follow Us

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Victory Though My Purgatory

Just as Dante passed through the ninth circle of hell, and found himself un-shielded from the icy wind beating from Lucifer's six bat-like wings that froze the waters keeping him suspended between heaven and hell...I too passed through the tenth circle of my own personal hell, Going Gluten and Grain Free! (Wheat, Oats and Corn were my own Brutus, Cassius and Judas to climb past) 


I am proud to say I made it over 90 days without indulging.
'The Trash Heap has spoken, Nahh'

Except for Thanksgiving. I had two bites of stuffing. It was amazing. So 'Nahh'


Still, I let my stomach heal.

Shockingly, I've found during this 'trial' my favorite breakfast to be a small sweet potato or yam with almond butter or just to have a spinach based smoothie. While lunch is usually leftovers, I have enjoyed Costco's soups or simple shrimp with rice pasta.

Snacks have come to consist of almonds, with sliced avocado, sweet potato chips or kale chips.(more later on my obsession with those) 

We've been mixing it up for dinner, never the same protein two nights in a row, helping to make things balanced. I feel really blessed. All my stomach needed was a break, and now I have to take it easy with the grains. And for now, I am loving spicy foods.


A few months ago pepper on my mashed potatoes was as much spice as I could handle. Now I found jalapeno cream cheese, black pepper meats, Kung pow! What else is out there? I intend to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text