Social Icons

Follow Us

Monday, July 8, 2013

My Feelings and the Truth



‘My feelings are not God. God is God.
My feelings do not define truth. God's Word defines Truth.
My feelings are echoes and responses to what my mind perceives. And sometimes -many times- my feelings are out of sync with the Truth.
       When that happens -and it happens every day in some measure- I try not to bend the Truth to justify my imperfect feelings, but rather, I plead with God: Purify my perceptions of your Truth and transform my feelings so that they are in sync with the Truth.’ A quote by John Piper


How hard is this to stomach? You do this every day! 
We use our feelings to justify our actions and inaction. We use the word 'feeling' to defend and tear down. We use it from early childhood, drag it into our marriages and beat people with it during debates. We make our feelings more than they should be.
My behavior cannot, should not be justified by how I was feeling at the time. I need to grow up and apologize and try to be honest…instead of trying to make an excuse.

Feelings do not define Truth.     I put this up in our home.


1 comment:

  1. Similar

    http://stonethepreacher.com/2013/08/26/feelings-nothing-more-than-feelings.html

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text